Round Top Bash Reins in $70K for Habitat for Horses
Last weekend, as they do twice a year, design-loving Houstonians headed to Round Top for shopping, sips and soirees. Houston-based Ginger Barber Interior Design and crowd-fave vendor Paul Michael Company teamed up for a philanthropic evening benefiting nonprofit Habitat for Horses.
The organization rescues and rehabilitates horses, such as Bob and Thor, two equines who greeted the crowd of boot-clad guests at Market Hill. The venue's restaurant, Duo by Gino and Nate, provided a delicious spread of bites, and the wine was flowing throughout the evening — just like the bids at the silent auction table! Popular items included ones from Round Top go-tos The Frenchy and Junk Gypsy, plus a Park City getaway.
The designer- and artist-heavy crowd perused Market Hill's vendors while Kimberly Dunn provided a soundtrack of country faves and original songs. In all, the night reined in an impressive $70,000 for Habitat for Horses.
Bob and Thor, two rescues from Habitat for Horses, grazing in Round Top
Hatem Saleh and Vandi Hodges
Gretchen Carr, Bob Davis and Leslie de la Mora
Guests bid on auction items.
Sammi Schoelman, Rebecca Williams, Ginger Barber and Jerry Finch
Rory Johnston, Virginia Doyle and Sammi Schoelman
enny Dixon, Katelin Buescher, Katy Bader, Scott Smith and Jan Zweegers
Jacquelyn Kingsbury and Ginger Menown
- Everywhere to Eat and Drink in Round Top this Spring - Houston CityBook ›
- Houston Does Round Top: Local Designers' 'Fashion on the Farm' Party Flourishes - Houston CityBook ›
- Habitat For Horses: Home ›
- Habitat for Horses (@HfH) | Twitter ›
- Habitat for Horses rescues equines in need to give them new homes ›
- Round Top Antiques Fair – Shop Review | Condé Nast Traveler ›
- Original Round Top Antiques Fair - Home | Facebook ›
- Show Dates - Upcoming Events - Original Round Top Antiques Fair ... ›