Donors Celebrate to their Hearts' Content at Unbeatable Ball
SUPPORTERS OF THE American Heart Association gathered at the Post Oak Hotel for an evening of dinner and dancing ahead of the organization's 100th anniversary.
Taking place on Valentine's Day weekend, naturally, the event was themed "Every Beat, Everywhere," and included fun plays on the word "beat" like hip-hop violinist Demola, who accompanied cocktail hour. After a gourmet dinner — Chilean sea bass, herb-roasted tenderloin — guests took to the dance floor and boogied to the beats of Manhattan Band. Throughout the night, emcee Khambrell Marshall introduced speakers such as Olivier Le Peuch and Doug Lawson, as well as an emotional video testimony featuring an 11-year-old heart disease survivor.
An exciting live auction touting items such as a Hawaiian vacation and a getaway to Puerto Vallarta helped the total till top $1.2 million. Can't beat that!
Demola the Violinist
Pam and Jim Wells
Debbie and Jack Moore
Khambrel Marshall and Sabirah Rayford
Daniel Penny and Yuliya Veretennikova
Doug Lawson and Carla Guzman
Jeff and Bonnie Houston
Anne Neeson and Jim Postl
Kim Williams and Chuck Pyle
- Whiskey, Custom Cowgirl Boots and Diamonds: These Fundraising Ladies Are in a League of Their Own ›
- Rescheduled Three Times, Pearl Ball Weathers Pandemic, Power Outages to Raise $220K ›
- Full Hearts, Can’t Lose: AHA Raises Astounding $2.3 Mil at Heart Ball ›
- Celeb Lookalikes and Supper-Club Vibes Among Highlights of 35th Annual Pearl Ball, Raising Funds for Nurses - Houston CityBook ›
- 40, Fabulous — and Touting a Never-Before-Seen Bidding War — the Heart Ball Was a Bash to Beat 'Em All - Houston CityBook ›