Whiskey, Custom Cowgirl Boots and Diamonds: These Fundraising Ladies Are in a League of Their Own
THE JUNIOR LEAGUE’S annual Charity Ball was a true taste of Texas, hosting 600-plus members and their guests for the first large-scale event in two years.
From the comfort-food-chic fare — a la mac and cheese alongside a crab-topped filet, and finished off with a pecan ball and lemon ice box pie — to the décor, which included thousands of Texas wildflowers, the great state shone brightly. There was even a boot-polishing station and a whiskey-tasting setup courtesy of Giant Distillery.
A live auction raised $100,000 by flaunting items like a vacay to Belize, a tour of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, tickets to see George Strait, custom his-and-hers boots from Republic Boot Company, and jewelry galore. The Grooves and the Honky Tonk Revivalists jammed out as guests boot-scooted their way onto the dance floor.
The weekend’s till topped $900,000. Yee-haw!
Adam and Stephanie Massey with Brett and Kristen McDonald
Anne Sears and Jennifer Roberts
Walter Sassard and Ruchi Mukherjee
Sydney and Barry Goss
Rebecca Morgan, Emily Scott, Jennifer Weinstock, Valorie Colter and Mallory Williams
Megan and Luke Hotze
Mitra Woody, Jennifer Howard and Marcy de Luna
Ben and Katie Eisterhold
Eric and Lisa McCarthy
Faisal and Madison Tai
Honky Tonk Revivalists
Bethany and Ben Buchanan
- Cyndi Lauper Rocks Out at Houston Children's Charity's '80s-Glam ... ›
- Animal-Lovers and Their Furry Friends Strut Their Stuff at CAP's ... ›
- From Paris with Love: Inside MFAH's $1.2 Mil Grand Gala Ball ... ›
- Houston 'Stands Up and Shows Up,' Crime Stoppers' Gala Garners ... ›
- Junior League's Charity Ball Gathers Small Groups Together ... ›
- Donors Celebrate to their Hearts' Content at Unbeatable Ball - Houston CityBook ›
- Fertitta's 'True Blue' Backyard Bash Raises $1M for Houston Police - Houston CityBook ›
- 'Enchanted' Evening Garners $800K for Junior League - Houston CityBook ›