Animal-Lovers and Their Furry Friends Strut Their Stuff at CAP’s Record-Breaking Celebrity Paws Gala
NEARLY 600 SUPPORTERS attended Citizens for Animal Protection's 35th annual Celebrity Paws gala at the Royal Sonesta.
Chaired by Meghan Cornelius and Katie Gibson, the evening garnered a record-breaking $800,000 for the organization. The cocktail hour included colorful characters on stilts and a 360-degree photo booth, and ended with a second-line procession into the ballroom.
Guests entered as "Celebration" played over the speakers and J&D Entertainment dancers psyched up the crowd with a performance on the runway. Light-up gift boxes and floating balloons, along with vibrant floral arrangements by ArtAttack, further set the tone for a fun and festive night.
CAP's Executive Director Emeritus Kappy Muenzer was honored for her 47 years of service to CAP; she started the Celebrity Paws tradition and also paved the way for CAP's current shelter, a state-of-the-art facility completed in 2011.
Lenny Matuszewski emceed the runway show, which featured Houstonians and their pets, including "junior honoree" Abby Albright and her rescue pup Haven, and Robin and Lance Deutsch with Chico and Amigo.
And Frank Billingsley took the mic for the rest of the evening, which featured awards such as the Melcher Humanitarian of the Year title, presented to Tama and Tena Faust and Houston PetSet. Sponsor West Houston Subaru called out the winner of the raffle for a 2021 Forester, and also announced that beginning next year, it will cover the adoption fees for all special-needs animals.
Ken and Marla Press Harrison with Tedi
Austin and Marian Cornelius
Kate Gibson and Meghan Cornelius
Beth Wolff and Cynthia Wolff
Celebrity Pet of the Year winner Mica Piro with Baby
Edward and Enid Sanchez
Theresa Landa with Stanley
Shannon and Tim Clarkson with Buddy
Frank and Gloria Meszaros
Gail and Norman Stalarow with Mac
Lance and Robin Deutsch with Chico and Amigo
Matt Makaila with Max
- A Polished, Posh Crowd Fetes the Twin Sisters of PetSet and Their ... ›
- Party Animals Raise $1 Mil for SPCA at Halloween-Themed Open ... ›
- Requiem for Chewy: Holthouse on Saying Goodbye to a Beloved Pet ›
- Houstonians Party Mardi and Raise $600K for Childhood Cancer Research - Houston CityBook ›
- Whiskey, Custom Cowgirl Boots and Diamonds: These Fundraising Ladies Are in a League of Their Own - Houston CityBook ›
- Glitter, Glamour, Fur and Fun! Inside CAP’s 50th Anniversary Bash - Houston CityBook ›
- 'Mission: Pawsible' Party Fetches a Million Bucks for Animal Rescue - Houston CityBook ›