From Paris with Love: Inside MFAH's $1.2 Mil Grand Gala Ball
DRAWING INSPIRATION FROM a Renoir painting arriving this weekend for the MFAH's new show, Incomparable Impressionism, this year's Grand Gala Ball felt like it took place within an enchanting Parisian garden.
Black-tie-clad guests were greeted by the beautiful sounds of Divisi Strings and a floral arch in the North Foyer of the Caroline Wiess Law building. Floral motifs were also projected onto the walls of Cullinan Hall, recalling more beautiful Renoir paintings.
The City Kitchen-catered dinner was also, of course, fittingly French, with starters like crab Louis and mini croque monsieurs, and a main course of lamb with chanterelle mushrooms and gougeres.
After dinner, the Jordan Kahn Orchestra took the stage and got the crowd of 300 on their feet. The evening raised more than $1.2 million for the museum. Incomparable Impressionism, featuring works from the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, opens Sunday and runs through March 27.
Yvonne Cormier and Claire Cormier Thielke
Albert and Anne Chao with Gary Tinterow
Susan and Fayez Sarofim
Durga and Sushila Agrawal
Franci Neely and Frank Hevrdejs
Jim and Whitney Crane
Margaret Alkek Williams
Janie and Daniel Zilkha
Richard and Ginni Mithoff
- Two New Exhibitions Coming to the MFAH This Fall Will Provide ... ›
- MFAH's Kinder Building Hosts First Gala — and It Was Truly 'Grand ... ›
- Sprawling New MFAH Show Illustrates the History of Transatlantic ... ›
- Cafe Leonelli Now Open at the MFAH - Houston CityBook ›
- BBBS Gala Goes Green — and the Wild After-Party Was Electric - Houston CityBook ›
- Hitchcock’s Houston Connection on Display at New Lynn Wyatt Theater - Houston CityBook ›
- Whiskey, Custom Cowgirl Boots and Diamonds: These Fundraising Ladies Are in a League of Their Own - Houston CityBook ›
- Life and Legacy of Big-Time Benefactor Celebrated at MFAH’s Grand Gala Ball - Houston CityBook ›
- With Custom Tapestries and Jeweled Archways, MFAH Transforms Into Indian Palace for Glam Gala - Houston CityBook ›
- A Trio of Contemporary-Cool Shows Bows at MFAH This Weekend - Houston CityBook ›
- Hip-Hop, Trill Burgers, Lynn Wyatt and Warhol! Go Inside MFAH’s $2 Million Gala Night! - Houston CityBook ›