MORE THAN 250 philanthropic-minded Houstonians hit the Big Brothers Big Sisters gala on Saturday.
The event, themed An Evening for Potential, took place at BBBS's still-new headquarters, which were lit up in green for the gala. Classical music by young pianists from the One A'Chord Music School greeted guests, who spent much of the cocktail hour mingling and perusing the silent auction items. The vacays, sports swag, jewelry and dining experiences brought in more than $60,000 over the course of the evening.
The top floor was where dinner took place, offering beautiful views of the Houston skyline that was also lit up green in support of BBBS. Berg Hospitality catered a delicious three-course dinner starring filet mignon, and live music followed.
The official Electric After-Party got grooving back downstairs. An open bar and late-night bites courtesy of B.B. Lemon were waiting, along with DJ Dame Hype, fire performances and a jazz lounge. A disco-themed photo-booth room was installed to honor last year's virtual event, "Groovin' Together."
More than half a million was raised to further BBBS's mission.
Honorees Akbar and Rishma Mohamed
Fire dancers at the after-party
- From Paris with Love: Inside MFAH's $1.2 Mil Grand Gala Ball ... ›
- Mardi Gras in May?! Why Not — University Gala Goes All Out ... ›
- Cute Champagne-Sipping Crowd Gathers at River Oaks Home to ... ›
- MFAH's Kinder Building Hosts First Gala — and It Was Truly 'Grand ... ›
- Cyndi Lauper Rocks Out at Houston Children's Charity's '80s-Glam ... ›
- Celebrating Houston’s World-Class Medical Community, ‘Brave Heart’ Gala Is a Good Time After a Trying Year - Houston CityBook ›