Celebrating Houston’s World-Class Medical Community, ‘Brave Heart’ Gala Is a Good Time After a Trying Year
IF THERE'S A group of Houstonians worthy of being celebrated in 2021, it's our medical professionals. The Brave Heart gala, chaired by June and Kenneth Mattox, toasted the contributions of the medical community and raised funds for the Health Museum.
Held at the Four Seasons, the evening started off with a soundtrack by Divisi Strings' Amp'd Quartet. Two hundred guests were seated for dinner and a program that included a testimony from transplant surgeon Ronald Cotton, who said he was inspired to pursue med school after a visit to the Health Museum in high school.
A "gift wall," sponsored by Tenenbaum Jewelers, touted enviable party favors, and the live auction — with items like a Colorado vacation, diamond earrings and a private tour of the Michael E. DeBakey Library and Museum with Dr. Mattox — contributed to the evening's total till of $317,000.
A DJ from Divisi Strings ensured every guest got on their feet by spinning tunes from the'70s, '80s, '90s and beyond.
Kenneth and June Mattox, Greg and Liz Bernica and John Arcidiacono
Swan and Theo Franklin
Susan and Ward Pennebaker
Sujit Prabhu and Yvonne Kew
Russell Wellstead and Danielle Bennet Wellstead
- Gala Glam - Houston CityBook ›
- Houston 'Stands Up and Shows Up,' Crime Stoppers' Gala Garners ... ›
- BBBS Gala Goes Green — and the Wild After-Party Was Electric ... ›
- Cyndi Lauper Rocks Out at Houston Children's Charity's '80s-Glam ... ›
- Museum Supporters Live La Vida Loca at Fab Four Seasons Gala - Houston CityBook ›