The smoky-sweet concoction is only available Oct. 30-Nov. 1 — but the Highland Village institution shared how to recreate it yourself now! The combo of citrus, maple and ginger beer is elevated further by lighting a sprig of thyme on fire, infusing the drink with smoky, herbaceous flavors.
- 1.5-2 ounces silver tequila or Mezcal
- 2.5 ounces cranberry juice
- .5 ounces (1 tablespoon) orange liquor
- .5 ounces (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Splash of ginger beer
- Sprig of thyme
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake and strain into a large rocks glass.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with thyme, lighting the sprig on fire for a smoky effect.