The New SkinCeuticals SkinLab in West Ave Can Get Your Winter Skin Under Control
As soon as the temperatures drop below 60 degrees, our skin starts to look dry, red and flaky — hello, winter skin! Since skin is primarily composed of water, these low temps give way to a stark decrease in humidity, which literally sucks the water out of our skin cells, leading to that dehydrating effect. That's why when it comes to winter time — even in Houston! — it's a good idea to schedule a few hydrating facial treatments, and take care of any remnants of sun-damaged skin from the summer. That way, come spring, your skin is back to radiant.
Luckily for everyone in town, SkinCeuticals SkinLab opened up at West Ave in partnership with esteemed Houston plastic surgeon Dr. Forrest Roth in May. The location is one of only three in the entire country, and the first to have opened in partnership with a plastic surgeon. Designed by Houston interior designer Leslie Strauss, the lab provides a menu of cutting-edge treatments including injectables, lasers and aesthetic treatments. Three of their signature treatments — created by SkinCeuticals to be available exclusively at SkinLab locations — are bound to become your winter skin's best friends.
First up, SkinSmooth ($175) is an LED Micropeel and Phyto treatment that refreshes the skin by combining dermaplaning and a chemical peel to exfoliate skin and sooth with LED light and a phyto corrective gel. Next, SkinBright ($250) combines a Hydrafacial with a chemical peel to restore your skin's hydration and radiance. Lastly, SkinFirm ($375) combines microneedling and a hydrating B5 gel, which is fantastic for skin rejuvenation — and perfect after spending summer and fall in the sun. This service is also a great primer before a Hydrafacial, since it causes your cells to renew and shed old skin.
Inside the West Ave store
If you're going to give your winter skin the gift of newly refreshed, hydrated skin, SkinLab also has other gifts available for yourself, and the other beauty junkies in your life:
- -Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 ($128) This unique lipid-correction cream contains a cholesterol-dominant ratio to help restore skin's external barrier and support natural self-repair, while potently nourishing aging skin for improvement in the visible appearance of skin smoothness, laxity, pores and overall radiance.
- -Phyto Corrective Masque ($59) This non-drying mask combines kaolin and bentonite, the highest quality earth clays; botanicals and minerals to help calm the skin; and a hydroxy acid blend to gently exfoliate. Great for maskne too!
- -HA Intensifier ($100) A multi-functional corrective serum helps amplify skin's hyaluronic acid levels.
- -Replenishing Cleanser ($35) A dual-action face wash for combination skin with a ceramide complex deeply cleanses and locks in hydration to leave skin feeling replenished.
- -Antioxidant Lip Repair ($38) This potent treatment helps fight the signs of environmental damage, while soothing and rehydrating the lip surface.