Undeterred: New Stores Open in the Galleria in Time for Holiday Shopping
It's a unique time for shoppers and retailers alike, as the world navigates Covid restrictions while eagerly awaiting a vaccine. But a peek inside our malls this month wouldn't necessarily reveal anything is different about this shopping season. Masked Houstonians are zipping in and out of boutiques and driving up for curbside delivery — and at the Galleria, there are a number of new retailers who braved the slowdown and threw open their doors for H-Town customers.
This fall brought the openings of Houston's first Balenciaga boutique and Golden Goose storefront. Earlier this year, Fabletics opened its only Texas location in the Galleria, as did Dr. Martens and Carlisle; and Akris relocated from nearby River Oaks District. Other new stores include Diamond X International, Wave Fashion and ballcap retailer Lids.
Santa at Neiman Marcus
De Beers, Versace, Swarovski, Hot Top and 7 For All Mankind have all renovated and reopened just in time for holiday shopping. Meanwhile, Santa Claus himself will be making curbside deliveries at Neiman Marcus on Saturdays in December, and reservations for socially distanced photos with Santa can be made online here.
- Sea and Be Seen - Houston CityBook ›
- Galleria and Houston CityBook's Men's Fashion Event ›
- Breezy Galleria Glam - Houston CityBook ›
- Several Stylish New Retailers Opening at the Galleria - Houston CityBook ›
- Who says retail is dead?! If Houston’s scene is any indicator, brick-and-mortar boutiques are alive and well — and ready for holiday shoppers. - Houston CityBook ›
- The Retail Scene Is Still Bustling — Here's Where to Shop Now - Houston CityBook ›
- Spring Shopping Bonanza! Two Must-Hit Events This Month - Houston CityBook ›