We’ve gone out of our way more than once in recent weeks to get our hands on Mendocino Farms’ curried couscous with cauliflower. The Cali-based sandwich chain has three outposts in Houston, but is for now operating solely out of its Rice Village location. If that’s not super convenient — or if you seek to put your newly honed culinary skills to the test — check out this recipe to DIY the signature side dish at home!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box of Israeli couscous or orzo
- 1 head of cauliflower, florets broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon each of curry powder, turmeric, cumin and coriander
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 small carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup veganaise or mayonnaise
- ½ bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of one-half lime
What To Do:
- Cook the orzo or couscous according to package, then rinse, drain and set aside.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in a bowl with the spices, salt, brown sugar and oil. Cook on a baking sheet at 450 for around 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place individual florets in the bowl with the orzo or couscous.
- On the same baking sheet, now toss the diced carrots with the remaining spices and oils. Place back in the oven and roast for around 8 minutes.
- Toss the carrots into the bowl and also mix in the veganaise/mayonnaise, cilantro and lime juice.