H-Town's Largest Silent-Art Auction Raises Quarter-Mil for Artists, Charity
Art on the Avenue is Houston's largest silent art auction, with hundreds of artists showcasing 500-plus works from paintings and sculptures to artisan jewelry and accessories.
Last weekend's preview party touted bites from Alice Blue and a soundtrack courtesy of Virtuosi Houston. And a new addition to the weekend was Brews on the Avenue, which paired H-Town beers with pieces by local artists.
The three-day event at Winter Street Studios raised $230,000, all benefiting the artists and Avenue's mission to ensure affordable housing and stimulate economic development in Houston's underserved neighborhoods.
Charles Sapp and Karina Rojas
Jay Bradley and Amber McClure
Mary Lawler and David Ruiz
Jorge Sanchez and Sharifa Alhashimi
Julie and John Cogan
Beth Wolff and Steven Matijcio
Brews on the Avenue
- Houston Artist Hangs Funky New Works That Are Anything But ... ›
- This Week in Art - Houston CityBook ›
- To Market - Houston CityBook ›
- As Its Youth Orchestra Wows Galagoers, Virtuosi Honors Healthcare Heroes - Houston CityBook ›
- Sculpture Month Kicks Off Saturday with Spooky Show at the Silos - Houston CityBook ›