Arts of Healing Promotes New Summer Camp at Glamorous Holiday Exhibit and Dinner
THE FABULOUSLY FESTIVE Post Oak Hotel was the site of The Arts of Healing Foundation’s annual physician art show and dinner, where 500 guests — including doctors, art aficionados and some special kiddos — gathered for a glamorous holiday fundraiser.
The nonprofit, which champions the “therapeutic and transformative potential of art,” announced its new Camp Heart of the Arts, a three-day immersion camp with activities ranging from painting to music sessions for pediatric patients.
"Camp Heart of the Arts represents our commitment to inclusivity and the healing power of art. It's more than a camp; it's a nexus of creativity, resilience and joy," emphasized Dr. Isaac Raijman, co-founder of The Arts of Healing.
The evening, which raised $250K for the organization, included an auction of beautiful artwork created by children and their physician mentors, and a rousing performance by Dry Water Band that had the black-tie-clad galagoers partying into the wee hours of the morning.
Dr. Khaled and Amal Khalaf and Joshua and Trisha Weisman
Susan Beatte, Rachel Franklin, Valerie Ozbey and Natalee Sudol
Amy Tong, Elke Stevenson and Rachele Goetz
Sarah DeVon, Thea Pheasey, Andrea Blanton, Jacy and Grant Cooper
Ashley Morgan, Alex Toutounchi, Nathalie Kosman, Jessica Hatch, Farbod Farrokhza, Khaled and Amal Khalaf
Rubens Franz, Mirna Herr and Bernie Cantu
Courtney Haas, Youval Meicler, Eric Haas and Michelle Meicler
Reza Rastegar and Etaf Qamhieh
Mignon Gill, Faith Majors, Kristen Cannon, Maria Moncada Alaoui
Brandon and Annamaria Davidson
Ethan Stoll and Rukmini Rednam
Jordan Seff and Vanessa Ames
Henry and Paula Mentz, Nadia Hafeez and Jared Nash
Jennifer Wisler with The Sunshine Kids
Lori and Isaac Raijman
Jen Torres, Kristen Collins and Elia Gabbanelli
Emily Petersen, Lauren Haire, Jen Grigsby and Anita Kadala
- Innovators in Medicine: Healing Is ‘Purpose in Life’ for Bare Beauty’s Lindsey Nguyen ›
- Artist Collaborates with Young Cancer Patients to Create Moving Memories of ‘Home’ ›
- Thrive + Inspire: Dr. Eick Reminded of ‘Healing Power of Animals’ Amid Pandemic ›
- Police Officer’s Paintings Bring About Healing and Connection ›
- Art Really Is a Tool for Health and Healing — and This Only-in-Houston Conference Will Prove It ›
- Festive, Philanthropic Dinner Gets to the 'Art' of the Matter ›
- Holiday Gala Celebrates Doctors Who Live Secret Double-Lives — as Artists! ›