ONE OF THE season’s most fashionably philanthropic events, the Women of Wardrobe’s (WOW) Summer Soiree returned to Tootsies last week, welcoming 300 guests who raised more than $15,000 for Dress for Success.
Touting fall collections from Love the Label and Deepa Gurnani, the gathering had guests wishing for cool weather — and catching up about where they spent the sizzling summer — while sipping Madame Zero Champagne and cocktails with Agavales tequila. Among the bites provided by local purveyors like Armandos, Kin Dee and Guard and Grace were cups of shrimp ceviche and bite-size empanadas; all was savored while a soundtrack of tunes spun by DJ Paul Paxton played in the background.
A swag bag was given to partygoers upon their departure, featuring items from Equinox, ALTO, Lemon Laine and more.
Next summer will mark the 20th Summer Soiree, which directly furthers WOW and Dress for Success Houston’s mission to empower women to achieve economic independence through networking, professional attire and developmental resources.
Mandy Bynum, Monica Guerra
Anna Kaplan, Trina Silva
Olivia Awo, Kaitlyn Dhindsa
Norman Lewis, Lauren Levicki Courville
Kristen Torrez, Catarina Bill
Annie Ghormley, Melanie Mabry
Jessica Arledge, Victoria Garcia, Hilary Baars
Caitlin Fleming, Katherine Orellana, Michael Vo
- Outstanding in the Field: R4S's Earth Day Dinner - Houston CityBook ›
- In Fall Social Season's First Fete, Fashionistas Gather at Tootsies to ... ›
- Undeterred by Inclement Weather, Dress for Success ... - Houston ›
- Colorful and Culinary Dress for Success Soiree Raises ... - Houston ›
- Tootsies and Posh Hotel Host a VIP Viewing of Design House's Latest Collection - Houston CityBook ›