Here Are the Most Expensive Homes Sold in Houston During a Record-Breaking Month
This year has been a doozy. But, in spite of everything going on, the Houston real estate market is on the path toward a record-breaking year, according to HAR.
Last month, the median price for a single-family home rose 11 percent, to $266,685, and the average price was up 12.4 percent, to $334,996. Both figures are new records for the month of October. The total value of properties sold last month was a whopping $3.5 billion — a nearly 50 percent increase compared to October 2019, even with the total number of active listings being down by 26 percent compared to the same timeframe.
Nearly 10,000 single-family homes were sold in Houston last month, compared to 7,187 a year earlier. Among those transactions? Dozens of multi-million-dollar properties, from River Oaks to Memorial to The Woodlands. Here are the five most expensive homes sold last month.
A six-bed, six-bath home in River Oaks, situated on one acre, was on the market for more than a year and a half before selling. Listed for $7.5 million.
34 East Shore
A 8,200-square-foot "designer showcase home" listed for $5 million boasts a beautiful lake view, and is just one mile from Town Center and the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion.
On a cul-de-sac in the heart of Piney Point Village, this six-bed, five-bath property boasts a motor court with two garages, a 400-bottle wine room, and a resort-style pool. Listed for $5 million.
7 Paradise Point
This gated lakefront estate in Sugar Land — listed for $5.2 mil — has a tennis court, basketball court, infinity pool, boat dock and first-floor master suite with an exercise room and dry sauna.
A new build by Layne Kelly and Masa Studio Architects was listed for $4.6 million. The chef's kitchen, wine room and spa-style master bath may have been reasons this Tanglewood manse sold in less than four weeks.
- Playing the Wildcard Market! | Houston CityBook ›
- Great Estates - Houston CityBook ›
- Market Forces of Nature - Houston CityBook ›
- Here Are Houston’s Most Expensive Homes Sold in December - Houston CityBook ›
- Defying the Pandemic, Houston Real Estate Market Has a Record-Setting 2020 - Houston CityBook ›
- Houston’s Most Expensive Homes Sold in January - Houston CityBook ›
- Copy of Houston’s Most Expensive Homes Sold in January ›
- Here Are the 10 Most Expensive Homes Sold in Houston In April - Houston CityBook ›
- Resort-Like, 20-Acre Magnolia Estate Up for Auction — with No Opening Bid - Houston CityBook ›
- Here Are the 10 Most Expensive Homes Sold in H-Town in September - Houston CityBook ›
- Memorial Mansions Dominate List of Most Expensive Homes Sold in December - Houston CityBook ›
- 2021 in Review: The Most Expensive Homes Sold All Year! - Houston CityBook ›
- The 10 Most Expensive Houston Homes Sold Last Month - Houston CityBook ›