Resort-Like, 20-Acre Magnolia Estate Up for Auction — with No Opening Bid
NORTHEAST OF HOUSTON sits the quiet and quaint Magnolia. On Oct. 21, a 20-acre swath of the scenic town goes up for auction — with no set or expected opening bid. The 14,400-square-foot home, situated on grounds that include a 2.5-acre stocked pond, was originally listed for more than $11 mil, but will now be up for grabs via Concierge Auctions, a luxury real estate marketplace.
The property at 38262 Windy Ridge Trail is surrounded by lush landscaping and a canopy of tall pines and oaks. The six-bedroom house's immediate backyard boasts a resort-like pool — waterfalls, umbrellas, a swim-up bar, sunning decks and more — and multiple summer kitchens, while hundreds of yards away is a lap pool, tennis court, a par-three golf hole, in-ground trampoline and more. A golf cart path runs throughout the property.
Back inside, there's standard Texas-mansion offerings like a theater room and wine cellar, plus an additional game room-slash-pub. The chef's kitchen comes with a double-oven and Travertine farm sink, and there's a separate catering kitchen, too. The sprawling, multistory library somehow manages to feel cozy. Intricate ironwork and other architectural details are found all over the house — don't forget to look up at the ceilings!
In cooperation with agent Lisa Carswell, bidding begins Oct. 21 at ConciergeAuctions.com, and buyers can bid digitally from anywhere in the world.
- Here Are the Most Expensive Homes Sold in Houston Last Month ... ›
- Here Are the Most Expensive Homes Sold in Houston During a ... ›
- $26.5 Mil River Oaks Estate Hits the Market - Houston CityBook ›
- If These Walls Could Talk! These Fab For-Sale Houston Mansions ... ›
- River Oaks Mansion with 'Park-Like' Grounds and Greenhouse Goes ... ›
- Home + Real Estate - Houston CityBook ›
- $10 Million Manse Hits the Market in Memorial - Houston CityBook ›
- On the Market: Check Out the Eclectic Montrose Home of Art Collector George Lancaster - Houston CityBook ›