Cute New Eclectic Boutique with Fashion, Homeware and Floral Opened This Week in Montrose
A SMALL-BATCH clothing, home decor, and flower shop opened this week in the space adjacent to one of Montrose's staples. Jardín, located at 2608 Dunlavy St., connects to the Brasil café's back patio, making it the perfect weekend outing to eat, sip and shop.
Owners Dan Fergus, Isabel Wilson, Holly Hughes and Emily Chambers will offer a curated selection of apparel, home decor, floral arrangements and unique worldly treasures at approachable prices.
Emily Chambers, Isabel Wilson, Holly Hughes, Dan Fergus
"We want to create a fun and inviting space for customers to discover beautiful pieces that you might not otherwise find in Houston," said co-owner and designer Wilson in a statement. "Our hope is that Jardín will help to foster a new appreciation for good craftsmanship and thoughtful design."
Wilson will feature pieces from her namesake clothing line as well as select vintage products. Chambers, owner of online housewares shop Butaque, will stock the shelves with one-of-a-kind textiles and home accessories collected from her travels across the globe. Hughes will serve as the lead brand buyer and will leverage her relationships with designers to bring in special finds from the Austin and New York markets.
Fergus, who opened Brasil in 1992, will be directly involved with Jardín's floral offerings such as made-to-order arrangements that can be preordered for both small and large events. There will also be a daily grab-and-go selection of floral arrangements.
"I look forward to integrating the floral business with Jardín and creating more interaction with Flatland Gallery and Brasil," said Fergus in a statement. "Jardín will really help to tie together all three spaces, which is something I have wanted for quite some time."
Wilson, Chambers and Hughes worked with Fergus to give the space a face lift. Jardín features new fitting rooms and a new entryway connecting to the Montrose staple's back patio. With the addition of the back entrance, the boutique and flower shop will fit seamlessly into the existing restaurant and gallery.
The four owners plan to host a range of events including floral arranging classes and fabric dyeing workshops.
- Strike 'Golden'! Celeb-Beloved Online Jewelry Boutique Opens Brick-and-Mortar in Spring Branch - Houston CityBook ›
- Get a Clue! New ’90s-Inspired Boutique Arrives in The Woodlands - Houston CityBook ›
- The Retail Scene Is Still Bustling — Here's Where to Shop Now - Houston CityBook ›
- Master Class: Peak Inside this Posh, Neutrals-Savvy Bed, Bath and Closet Reno - Houston CityBook ›
- Retail Roundup: Chic End-of-Summer Shopping — and Sales Galore! - Houston CityBook ›
- Style a While! Here's a Massive Retail Roundup with the Season's Coolest Pop-Ups, Openings and More - Houston CityBook ›