A new high-end women's boutique is now open in The Woodlands. Owned by Houstonian Courtney Pell Wilkerson, Pell 1990 (24811 Gosling Rd.) is outfitted as a "wink to the '90s," she tells CityBook.
With the help of Houston-based designer Shannon Crain, Wilkerson decked out the boutique with a collage wall and Instagram-savv activations full of nostalgic photos from the '90s —fashion icons, pop culture moments and poster-like images of everyone's crushes (like Jonathan Taylor Thomas, obviously).
There is also a custom neon sign featuring everyone's favorite Clueless quote, "As if!"
"The design of the boutique aims to feel residential and comfortable — yet chic and upscale," Wilkerson says.
Pell 1990 stocks high-end apparel, accessories and jewelry from brands such as A.L.C., Equipment, Cinq a Sept, James Perse and more. Shoppers can also find hand soaps and lotions from Houston-based brand Forth & Nomad.
Come spring 2022, Pell 1990 will carry Ulla Johnson, Acler and Rhode; a rep also tells CityBook that it will soon stock Houston-based women's contemporary line Hunter Bell NYC and accessories from AshLee Frazier's line, Anea Hill.
"Besides bringing the latest fashion trends to North Houston, Pell 1990 is a space for women to be inspired by fashion," says the owner.
The boutique is a family-owned and -operated business: Her father, Gary Pell of Henderson Construction, built out the 1,700 square-foot space. Her mother, Christine Pell, will serve as the bookkeeper, and the boutique will employ her four sisters.
"I've always loved everything fashion," says the first-time business owner. "Growing up, I sketched fashion designs, styled friends, and spent many years working for local, high-end clothing stores. Now I'm living out my dream of owning my own store."
- Your Favorite Influencers' Coolest Clothes Can Be Yours — Next ... ›
- Cute New Eclectic Boutique with Fashion, Homeware and Floral ... ›
- Several Stylish New Retailers Opening at the Galleria - Houston ... ›
- Going for 'Golden'! New Boutique Caters to Our Current Lifestyle ... ›
- Pantone Has Predicted Next Spring's Hot Hues, and Houston ... ›
- These Women-Owned Houston Shops Have Some Ideas on Breezy ... ›
- With a Runway over the Pool and Holiday Lights Aplenty, a Fash Bash Sparkles in The Woodlands - Houston CityBook ›