It's almost here: Loro Asian Smokehouse, the hot Austin-based restaurant from James Beard winning chefs Tyson Cole and Aaron Franklin, opens its long-awaited Houston outpost soon. To celebrate, parent co Hai Hospitality is hosting a pair of omakase dinners at sister restaurant Uchi on Oct. 17 and 18.
Both omakase dinners will include six flavorful courses crafted by Uchi chef de cuisine Shaun King, plus a handful of meats and sides off the Loro menu — sign us up for the oak-grilled quail with gochujang glaze, please — that will be shared among the table.
The dinner on Oct. 17 will be ticketed and limited to just 20 guests, priced at $250 for two people and including pairings from Saint Arnold Brewing. Tickets go on sale at 10am today via Resy; the link will be shared on Uchi's Instagram.
The one on the following day is open to the public ($175 for two people; pairings may be added a la carte). Reservations may be made over the phone: 713.522.4808.
Helmed by Houston-reared chef Marcos Leal, the H-Town location of Loro is slated to open in a Michael Hsu-designed building at 1001 W. 11th Street later this fall.
Loro's crispy chicken sandwich / photo via Instagram
Smoked wings at Loro / photo via Instagram
- Devouring Houston - Houston CityBook ›
- Capital Cool: Austin for Foodies! - Houston CityBook ›
- Wildly Delicious and Ambitious Asian Smokehouse Sets Opening Date — Finally! - Houston CityBook ›
- Despite Its ATX Origins, Uchi Sibling Loro Embodies the Flavors of Houston - Houston CityBook ›
- 2022’s Biggest Dining Trend Continues as Uchi Announces New Sister Resto in Montrose - Houston CityBook ›