AFTER A TWO-year hiatus, the Art Car Parade returned to the streets of Downtown, a beloved weekend-long event punctuated by the colorful Art Car Ball.
The largest event of its kind in the world, the Orange Show's Art Car Parade showcased more than 250 vibrant vehicles decked out from bumper to bumper. A sneak peek at Discovery Green hosted nearly 100 Art Cars and featured music by Ten Patrick as part of the park's Thursday-night concert series. The following night, the Legendary Art Car Ball took place at the Orange Show World Headquarters, where illuminated mobile masterpieces and multiple bands provided electric entertainment all evening long.
Saturday's main event kicked off with a festivities at the starting line. Many migrated over to the VIPit at Hermann Square for cocktails and light bites (and ample shade!) before the displays began rolling through Downtown.
Last year's parade became a parking-lot event at the Orange Show's five-acre campus, with staggered entry times to promote social distancing, and a maze of showpieces accompanied by QR codes so revelers could give themselves a self-guided digital tour.
“Rising Strong” by the Waters family
The Free Rads Street Band
Paul Middendorf, Cat Nguyen, Zeina Hussein, Matt Bradshaw, Scott Yoder and Andrew Tharp
“Carlagio” by Chris and Tom Reinsvold
Golden Dawn Arkestra
Jeff Cooney and Maggie Flecknoe
Mayer and Benjy Levit
Anna Grace Mandola, Michael Mandola, Gia Mandola
Miya Shay and Brett Birkinbine
Melissa Dobrowski and Katherine Gillman
Jose Ocque and Stuart Rosenberg
- Drive into the Weekend with Art Cars, Foodie Festivals and More ... ›
- Out-of-this-World Bash Celebrates 40 Years of the Orange Show ... ›
- Move Over, Art Car! Thanks to This Rideshare Outfit, Cool Art Pics ... ›
- Art Cars Return! Iconic Parade Becomes Parking-Lot Event for 2021 ... ›
- Art Car Parade Is Focus of Photographer Emily Jaschke's First Solo ... ›
- Amy Poehler's ‘Moxie,’ Based on Book by Houston Author, Screens Friday at Orange Show’s Punk-Perfect Event - Houston CityBook ›