THE WEST U shopping center Plaza in the Park, located near the intersection of Buffalo Speedway and Bissonnet, has been undergoing renovations throughout the fall. The latest development? Two new restaurants will soon be added to the mix.
Both are in the Adair Concepts portfolio, co-owned and operated by Nick Adair, who is himself a West U resident. Los Tios, the nearly 50-year-old Tex-Mex fave purchased by the Adair family a while back, will open its sixth area location, featuring interiors by Aaron Rambo. And Uptown’s beloved Adair Kitchen will finally open a second location at Plaza in the Park.
“West University is where Adair Concepts was born in 1988 with the opening of Skeeters Mesquite Grill,” said Adair in a statement. “We can’t wait to provide additional welcoming neighborhood gathering places for local foodies and families.”
The overhaul of the shopping center is spearheaded by Edens, the development group behind Uptown Park’s recent facelift. Similar to that center’s makeover, the one at Plaza in the Park includes enhanced walkability, landscaping and outdoor seating.
- New at Night: Cheers to These Four Clever Concept Bars! - Houston ... ›
- Underbelly Hospitality Announces More New Concepts and a Major ... ›
- Turning 50 During a Pandemic: Los Tios Shows How It's Done ... ›
- New Restaurants: High-End Sushi, Down-Home Burgers & More! - Houston CityBook ›
- Wine Time, Super-Hot Chicken & More: The Week’s Tastiest Food News - Houston CityBook ›
- This Week in Food: What’s New and What to Do - Houston CityBook ›
- Houston’s New Restaurant Row, Soul-Warming Curries, and More of This Week’s Food News in Small Bites - Houston CityBook ›
- Devouring Houston 2022: CityBook’s Annual Roundup of the Latest and Greatest in Dining - Houston CityBook ›
- Can’t-Miss Spring Openings: Return of a Celeb Chef, New Montrose Hot Spot & More! - Houston CityBook ›