THE WORD OF the night at the 2022 Symphony Ball was “harmony.” The music was melodious, the company was congenial, and the perfectly paired plates and wines were delicious. Not to mention, the actual theme of the Ball was “The Symphony World in Harmony."
Although not quite as populous as pre-Covid times, the annual gala was attended by nearly 350 well heeled guests, who arrived at The Post Oak Hotel serenaded by The Dave Bennet Quartet. The evening recognized Margaret Alkek Williams and Janet F. Clark for their longtime philanthropic contributions and CEO John Mangum for his artful leadership.
Before a dinner created by Executive Chef Jean-Luc Royere — complete with wine pairings courtesy of Lindy and John Rydman of Spec’s — guests perused the silent auction, and later enjoyed a special acoustic performance by rockstar Sammy Hagar and his guitarist Vic Johnson.
The event — attended by Alex and Reagan Bregman, Tony Buzbee and oil-biz heavy-hitters — also celebrated a bittersweet season for the Symphony, which will bid adieu to Music Director Andrés Orozco-Estrada later this year.
More than $1.1 million was raised to further the Symphony’s Education and Community Engagement programs, which bring the joy of music into schools and hospitals all over the region.
Beth Zdeblick and Hallie Vanderhider
Tammie and Charles Johnson
Aisha Jokhio, Yoon Smith and Alice Mao Brams
Betty Tutor and Ann Ayre
Susan and Denis DeBakey
Eric and Lisa Lindsey
Gabriella and Eduardo Berain with Lydia Gold
Sheridan and John Eddie Williams
Gwen McMurry, Carey Kirkpatrick, Lil Kades and Megan Ryan
Reagan Bregman and Heather Almond
Lindy and John Rydman
Kevin Black and Tony Bradfield
John and Regina Mangum
- A Day in the Life of the Arts, Presented by Deutsch Fine Jewelry ... ›
- In Covid Times, Symphony Reimagines Opening Night - Houston ... ›
- Renée Fleming and Glam Crowd Gather for Houston Symphony's ... ›
- At Glam, In-Person Symphony Ball, VIPs Celebrate an Arts ... ›
- Symphony Bids Adieu to Orozco-Estrada, Celebration Concludes with a ‘Startling’ New Concerto by Jazz Legend - Houston CityBook ›
- At Symphony Dinner, Wine Takes Center Stage — to the Tune of $650K - Houston CityBook ›
- This Weekend: The Houston Symphony Channels Major Girl Power - Houston CityBook ›