This weekend brought with it perfect weather, the kind of days Houstonians spend all summer longing for. It was fitting, then, that Recipe for Success's annual fundraiser, Fashion in the Fields, took place al fresco on Sunday, at the foundation's Hope Farms venue.
Founder and CEO Gracie Cavnar, clad herself in the prescribed "farm-girl chic" attire, welcomed hundreds of guests for cocktails and brunch. The festively fall meal — centerpieces included colorful pumpkins — was preceded by a fashion show featuring looks from Neiman Marcus accessorized with items by featured designer Lele Sadoughi. Neiman's also popped up a shopable boutique on-site!
Brunch included items from popular restaurants including Bistro Menil, Eunice and Bludorn.
At the event, Cavnar announced the foundation's new initiative, Delivering Hope to Sunnyside, a partnership with Kids Meals to deliver Hope Farms' produce to food-insecure families in the area.
Between a paddle-raiser for the Sunnyside project and a raffle featuring items like a cooking class and dinner package at Hope Farms, the event garnered $185,000 for Recipe for Success.
Sheree Frede and Mary McMullen
Aaron and Kristin Blomquist with Isabelle
Amber Hicks and Jennifer Roane
Melissa Sugulas, Audrey White, Julie Longoria Chen and Bethany Buchanan
Chris Hendel and Lisa Sadoughi with models
Bailey Dalton-Binion, Debbie Bernstein and Nancy Mathé
Betiana Bumpass and Jennifer Henry
Maggie Sheridan and Amber Mees
Maricella Metzler and Cathleen Fishel
Priya and Brad Coffey
Ashkin and Sonali Mittal
Shantel Williams, Myrtle Jones, Travis Torrence, Brandon McClendon and Shari Williams
Stephanie Fleck and Carrie Brandsberg-Dahl
Tammie Johnson and Alice Mao Brams
- Outstanding in His Field - Houston CityBook ›
- Hope Blooms in Sunnyside - Houston CityBook ›
- In Foodie Fashion - Houston CityBook ›
- Recipe for Success Photobooth Ensures There's 'Hope' for Fall ... ›
- Recipe for Success' 10-Course Fundraising Dinner Toasts to 15 ... ›
- Small Steps, Big Gains! Nonprofit Raises a Glass — and a Record-Breaking $850K for At-Risk Preschoolers - Houston CityBook ›
- Take It Outside! Cavnar, Top Chefs Present Chic ‘Delicious Alchemy’ Dinner on Hope Farms Grounds - Houston CityBook ›