BEGINNING MONDAY, SNAG a Slice ’til 4am in MidtownZalat Pizza opens its first H-Town location on Monday, catering to late-night partiers by staying open until 4am on weekends. Scratch-made dough and fresh ingredients — plus inventive pies like Nashville Hot Chicken & Pickles, and Loaded Nacho — made this spot a DFW fave. Also noteworthy: Zalat offers full benefits and a 401k to all full-time employees, who are eligible for equity ownership in the company after a year.
Inside Highline Park (by Tyler Barrera)
We Have ‘High’ Hopes for this Heights Patio Bar M-K-T Heights continues to impress with a vast array of food and drink options, including the already popular Tulum-inspired Casa Nomad. Now, the group behind that restaurant opens a high-end patio bar next-door. Highline Park opens Friday, boasting a 1,500-square-foot covered patio that overlooks the Heights Hike and Bike Trail and neighboring park space. Back inside, find fun and colorful décor — and plenty of space to spread out indoors, too. Wash down hearty bites like steak frites or queso-dipped corndogs with one of several refreshing cocktails — might we suggest a prickly pear margarita, or the Aroma Therapy, with Titos and infusions of ginger and lavender?
Homemade tortillas at Los Tios (by Kerry Kirk)
Adair Concepts Opening Pair of Restaurants in West U Two new restaurants will soon be added to the mix at West U’s Plaza in the Park shopping center. Both are in the Adair Concepts portfolio, co-owned and operated by Nick Adair, who is himself a West U resident. Los Tios, the nearly 50-year-old Tex-Mex fave purchased by the Adair family a while back, will open its sixth area location, featuring interiors by Aaron Rambo. And Uptown’s beloved Adair Kitchen will finally open a second location at Plaza in the Park.
A cocktail at Clique Bistro
Speakeasy-Style Bistro Is a Hidden Gem Where Montrose meets Midtown, tucked-away, industrial-chic Clique Bistro has opened. Expect upscale bar bites — Blue Point oysters with candied bacon; citrus scallop ceviche — along with a wine list grouped by flavor profiles. Happy hour deals (Tues.-Sat, 4-7pm) include $2 off cocktails, and $40 for a bottle of bubbly and your choice of two apps. Clique is the understated sister restaurant of nearby J-Bar-M Barbecue.
A rendering of AB Sushi
Two Restos from Michelin-Starred Chefs Headed to Med Center Blossom Hotel, the area’s newest high-end hotel, announced yesterday that two distinct concepts from Michelin-starred chefs will open on its property early next year. The first is a Cantonese-inspired restaurant by Malaysian-born chef Ho Chee Boon. Called Duck House, his Blossom Hotel spot will fuse traditional with contemporary techniques and flavor profiles to create unique duck dishes, plus stir-fries, dim sum and more. The second restaurant is from chef Akira Back, who has an impressive portfolio of 16 restaurants across the globe, with another 10 slated to open in the next two years — including AB Sushi at Blossom. The former professional snowboarder, who was born in Korea and raised in Aspen, will source premium sushi and sashimi in a “congenial atmosphere that is both refined and unpretentious.”
- Heights Culinary Pioneer Returns with New Restaurant - Houston ... ›
- Sensational Spin-Offs, Market-Savvy Cafés and More: Best New ... ›
- Michelin-Starred Chefs Announce Plans for New Restaurants at ... ›
- Chris Shepherd Fires Up New Restaurant off Allen Parkway ... ›
- New Restaurants! Get a Sneak Peek at Five Eateries Opening Right ... ›
- Returning to Safety Mode? Here Are the Best Spots with Prime Patios and Tasty To-Go - Houston CityBook ›
- Can This New CityCentre Restaurant Succeed, Where So Many Others Have Failed? Spoiler Alert: Definitely. - Houston CityBook ›
- Popular Chef Returns to the Scene with Neighborhood Pizzeria - Houston CityBook ›
- New Wine Lounge in Old Benjy’s Digs Dishes Creative Bites - Houston CityBook ›
- Food News! Uchiko Announces Opening Date, Chef Shuffle at La Colombe d’Or & More - Houston CityBook ›